CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Preaching, Teaching, and Skirting the Issue

Concerning certain Patriocentric mailing lists, someone recently wrote,

“….they ban women from posting on doctrinal issues as they believe that if a woman posted on doctrinal issues they might “accidentally” teach a man something.”

One thing I’d love to ask the people who believe this sort of thing (of course they’d never actually answer) is that if it is wrong for a man to learn something from a woman, why did Jesus send the women to tell the men that He had risen, and then upbraid the men for not believing the women’s testimony?

I guess Jesus must have been sinning whan He did that, but then, He really couldn’t help it - He didn’t have the HyperPs around to tell Him how His Father intended His creation to operate…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home