CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Kinism Goes Mainstream

The following exchange occured recently on the "Sound of Grace" list:

C------- wrote:
"Thanks for the reference C----. I really had no idea such things were going on in the church. I also agree with the blogger that it is far more evil than racism because kinism does divide the body of Christ. Absolutely, amazing..."


To which J----- responded:
"Be careful of reading only biased views on the subject. While I do not adhere to kinism, that article is highly inaccurate.
And it is not prevalent in the church. There are only a handful of people who believe in this."



I'm not so sure of that anymore.

Follow me:

http://curzons.cc/anglicanwife/

and http://curzons.cc/anglicanwife/?p=3#more-3

Nice, huh? I got there from this site:
http://adiaphora.curzons.cc/

... owned by her husband, an Anglican seminary student.* Very mainstream, nice folks.

I got to HIS site from here, his wife's other site:
http://heartofherhusband.curzons.cc/

*****And, I found the link to her site HERE, at her former site: http://heartofherhusband.blogspot.com/ ******

(Read her "About Me" bit at the top...)

And finally, I got to "Larswife"'s site from HERE:
http://thebarncat.blogspot.com/

So kinism is not very widespread?

I wonder. Looks like it's turning up in the most surprising places, like the living rooms of nice, mainstream Anglican seminarians. *
Hmmmm
.

*author's note, added Jan. 7, 2007: About that seminary... I recently learned that one of the faculty members is Right Reverend Ray R. Sutton, who, I am told, claims that the Reconstructed Biblical theocracies would be "happy" places, to which peoplewould flock because "capital punishment is one of the best evangelistic tools of a society."
.............................Not so nice or mainstream after all, huh? Go figure.

***** Larswife's "Heartofherhusband" Blogger site, where she identifies herself as a "Five-Point Calvinist, Kinist, and Heart of her Husband", writing from the "Occupied South", has disappeared, replaced by her newer, sanitized site. You can still view it from the Google cache, here , for the time being, at least. Note also the profile to which the site links...

******update, 3/18/2008 It has come to my attention that a number of links on my blog are no longer working, including the GoogleCache link to Larswifes' original Heartofherhusband blog, above.
Also, her husband (whose profile was linked to Larswife's original kinist blog) wrote to me several weeks ago; saying that Mrs. Jones no longer subscribes to Kinist beliefs. He indicated that he wished to discuss the subject in depth, but I haven't heard from him since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home