CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Friday, October 03, 2008

"Pigs is pigs"... but some pigs are more equal than others....

On a talk forum today, "redheaded mama" wrote:
Oh and the "church" he attends has a hate-mongering, radical, racist for a preacher. What is wrong with the Democratic party?? Have they lost their marbles??GO McCAIN/PALIN '08!!!!!!!!!!

Wright is radical, alright....
...but is he anymore radical that Pat Robertson was when he said this:
"I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor."

...Or how about Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson when they said this, right after 9/11:
Falwell said, "What we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."
Robertson replied, "Well, Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror, we haven't begun to see what they can do to the major population."Falwell said, "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."


All three men -- Wright, Falwell and Robertson -- said that God was judging -- damning -- the American people for tolerating sin in our midst. The only difference was that Wright "damned"America for the sins of racism, slavery, and genocide, whereas Robertson and Falwell said she was damned for permitting homosexuality, abortion, and sexual immmorality.

Now, ALL of these things are sins, and I was always taught that "sin is sin", but I guess the sins of racism, genocide, and oppressing minorities and the poor for the last three centuries just aren't as "damnable" as are the sins of homosexuality, paganism, and sexual immorality...

....or maybe the difference is that when it comes to the sin of racism and oppressing the poor, SOME people just aren't quite as willing to GIVE a "Damn."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home