CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

'Dooney with an "E"

I was notified this morning that Chris Ortiz at the Chalcedon Foundation has become aware of my writing, and doesn't like it:
http://0rz.com/?AMfYd

It also seems that Ortiz doesn't like the fact that I have been deliberately spelling Rushdoony's name with an "e" about half of the time. It's rather childish, I know, but I wondered how long it would take one of these fellows to finally notice it and make a big point of pointing it out.

Chris writes,

"Oh, dear me, if I had a dollar for every time a secular critic misspelled a reconstructionist's name, I'd be a wealthy man. Here's the latest from a silly woman who thinks she can discuss the issue of slavery with the likes of Rushdoony and North:
Lately I've been reading about a still darker side to the Reconstructionist/Patriarchy movement.Quite simply, it is this:There are those among the movement who claim that since SLAVERY is not condemned in the Bible, it is a perfectly legitimate thing, and advocate a return to the same.
J.R. Rushdooney, the father of Reconstructionism, advocated a return to debtor slavery. So does his son-in-law, Gary North.LOL! Oh, man. That's too funny. I love it. I absolutely love it. How can she possibly understand the doctrine of a man who's name she does not know? She's never read a single page of "J.R. Rushdooney.""

Now, it seems that Chris can't be bothered with comments at his blogsite, so I guess I'll answer him here.

First of all, Chris, I am not a secular critic. I am a Christian critic, and I am rather tired of seeing "the name of God blasphemed among the Gentiles" because of theonomists such as North and Rushdoony and yourself. Your Dominionist heresy is giving Christianity a bad name.

Second, if you wish to call me a "silly woman", you have a perfect right to do so. I've been called far worse, and it's really rather a privilege to be ridiculed for telling the truth.
But if you disagree with what I or other persons have said, why not refute it, point by point, on a blog that allows public commentary? It's easy to simply call names.

In other words, if I am wrong, prove it. But if I'm speaking the truth, why are you mocking me?

And third, Chris....
Whether you are writing of Rushdoony or anyone else:
"Whose" is the possessive form of the pronoun "who." "Who's" is a contraction of "who is".

2 Comments:

Blogger Anya said...

You know you are getting to truth when you are called a 'silly woman'. It's all they have....

4:46 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Ain't it the truth... and the female of the species is as deadly as the male:
http://0rz.com/?gqg9N

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home