CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Hacked....

Well whaddaya know... James McDonald's name has disappeared from the letter he left me here in the comments section of "Behind the HyperPatriarchs," just like GenerationKeeper's name disappeared from several of her comments here a couple of days ago.

And my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger has just been hacked.

Three postings were removed (those postings also appear here, complete with comments) :

"Behind the HyperPatriarchy II", which contains information linking James MacDonald to secessionist Steve Wilkins;
"Matthew 18, John 3:20", which discusses letter which James MacDonald wrote to me;
and
"Matthew 18, John 3:20", which contains my response to MacDonald.

It seems that whoever is hacking my blogs is better at accessing them than I am. I can't even get Blogger to let me edit my own postings in the comments section of my own blog...

4 Comments:

Blogger Corrie said...

Remember I told you that I had a "hunch" who Generation Keeper is? Maybe Generation Keeper is connected in some way with those 3 articles? Kind of obvious. I guess if I was hacking a blog, I would want to make it look like a random hacking by taking more than just 3 specific articles.

Or maybe both your blogs just have some weird bog that only deletes those three posts? :-)

11:58 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I think there may be a connection. Back when GK's name was removed from some of her postings on THIS blog, another name went missing here, too -- James MacDonald's name, on his comment to "Behind the HyperPatriarchs" was removed and replaced with "anonymous" (although his signature remains at the bottom of his comment.) I wonder if the same person who hacked me at Homeschoolblogger tried to hack into this blog, but could only remove the names?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

CJ, I noticed that one of my comments had a change in the name, too. The one where I posted about what I was wearing had my name change to "anonymous".

Do these people know that hacking and the software that enables one to hack and gain access and find passwords is illegal? I wonder if that matters? I guess if some believe that lying is okay, then illegal activities such as hacking is okay, too. As long as it furthers one's righteous cause, maybe anything goes?

4:40 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Maybe.
Then again, maybe we're jumping the gun. I'd hate to think that GK, or MacDonald, or any of their group is as bad as that.
It might have been some random person, some admirer of Phillips or MacDonald perhaps, who has been following this whole thread for some time and who isn't wrapped too tightly, and who thought that they were doing a good thing by hacking my blog.
Misguided people who believe they are acting on behalf of God can do some pretty rotten things, without feeling guilty at all. And that's a scary thing indeed.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home