CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Matthew 18, John 3:20

I guess the folks at Patriarch's Path don't appreciate the publicity they've been getting lately. Late last night I recieved both a private e-letter and an identically worded comment here on my entry, "Behind the Hyper-Patriarchs", from Pastor James McDonald of Patriarch's Path, accusing me of "shooting at the saints" (his words).
In his comment and in his letter, McDonald complains about my recent article, "Behind the Hyper-Patriarchs", saying that in it I have implied that he is a racist, and have slandered Gary DeMar and Kenneth Gentry, as well as Dale Dykema and Doug Phillips.
Interesting... I wrote "Behind the Hyper-Patriarchs" before the whole Phillips/Kinist/Racist thing really gained momentum, and the gist of the article wasn't about racism or even about McDonald himself at all; rather, the article was an overview of the Patriarchy movement in general. I linked to Patriarch's Path because it contains a good many articles reflecting the Patriarchal viewpoint, including Dykema's, which I held up as an example; and, I linked to both Dykema's article and to the Patriarch's Path main website, and invited readers to visit the Patriarch's Path site and read ALL of the articles there. (The PP website does publish a number of articles by League of the South co- founder Steve Wilkins, and by his associate Doug Wilson, but I made no mention of that in "Behind the Hyper-Patriarchs"; since then, I have done so on several occasions.)
Yet, MacDonald is complaining, saying that "Behind the Hyper Patriarchs" implies that he is a racist, when in fact, the only mention of race in the entire article was my description of Dale Dykema's article on suffrage, where I mistakenly said that Dykema advocated the restriction of voting privileges to "rich white landowners. Someone pointed out to me that my Freudian slip was showing (yes, I have biases, too), and I immediately amended that to read simply "landowners", since Dykema does NOT specifically mention "rich" or "white" landowners in his article.
But most puzzling is McDonald's claim that I have slandered Gary DeMar and Kenneth Gentry, considering that only thing I have ever said regarding either DeMar or Gentry is to list them as being "big names" in the politico-religious movement known as Dominionism. I guess even Dominionists dislike having their names associated with Dominionism.

In keeping with John 3:20 , I have decided to post MacDonald's comment here, in full daylight, followed by my response, in my next blog entry.

James McDonald said...
Cynthia,Just for fun, you might want to ask me personally why I have posted articles or links on my website, The Patriarch’s Path. You have extrapolated off one article and a few links to paint me as a racist. This practice is not only cavalier with the truth; it is a violation of the 9th Commandment. Although you “corrected” your lie on your homeschoolblogger site with regard to Rev. Dale Dykema's article – falsely accusing Rev. Dykema and me, by inference, of stating that only rich, white landowners should vote. Your link to that article and your insinuation still exists. To quote you, “Interesting, isn't it?” For the record, what you are doing is called libel - a false and malicious published statement that damages the reputation of another.I would recommend visiting our church sometime - this will help you to visibly observe that I am certainly not a racist. And I can publicly state that neither are those whom you accuse. Have you ever met any of those you so quickly dismiss? Have you taken the time to talk to Gary DeMar, Dale Dykema, Ken Gentry, Doug Phillips – or any of the others you have slandered online? I know many of the men and women you are attacking. They are striving to do nothing more than see the Gospel preached and lives changed for God’s glory. If you are a Christian, how can you shoot at the saints? Have you read Eph 6:12 lately? Have you really read it?Consider this the first step in the Matthew 18 process. I ask that you remove my name from your posts and publicly apologize for your insinuations. I pray your comments are simply a result of misinformation. If you could, please send me details on your church affiliation. If this continues, I would like to involve your elders in our discussions. This is biblical procedure, if you are interested in following Scripture.In His Service,James M McDonaldPublisherHomeschooling Today Magazinewww.homeschoolingtoday.com
8:50 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Cynthia. I just wrote the following comment in my blog, after you spoke about it over there, and I'd like to post the comment here as well:

McDonald wrote:
"You have extrapolated off one article and a few links to paint me as a racist. This practice is not only cavalier with the truth; it is a violation of the 9th Commandment. Although you “corrected” your lie on your homeschoolblogger site with regard to Rev. Dale Dykema's article – falsely accusing Rev. Dykema and me, by inference, of stating that only rich, white landowners should vote. Your link to that article and your insinuation still exists. To quote you, “Interesting, isn't it?” For the record, what you are doing is called libel - a false and malicious published statement that damages the reputation of another."

Cynthia, I noticed you corrected what you said on your blog. It is interesting to see that Mr. McDonald is quite concerned about people being "cavalier with the truth" and violating the 9th commandment.

Which is a valid concern, except then he goes on to say this:

"Have you ever met any of those you so quickly dismiss? Have you taken the time to talk to . . . Doug Phillips – or any of the others you have slandered online? I know many of the men and women you are attacking. They are striving to do nothing more than see the Gospel preached and lives changed for God’s glory. If you are a Christian, how can you shoot at the saints? Have you read Eph 6:12 lately? Have you really read it?"

I can't believe Mr. McDonald would say something like that and not have anything to say about what is on Matt Chancey's mrsbinoculars site. What is Matt Chancey doing but "shooting at the saints?"

Isn't Mr. McDonald aware of what Matt Chancey and Doug Phillips (by linking to Chancey's site) are doing there, and that it pretty much lines up with his complaint against you, only [MUCH] more so, because you had the willingness to correct your mistakes?

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home