CommonSense

Hello.... Hi there... I'm Cynthia Gee, and I'm creating this as a mirror of my other CommonSense blog at HomeschoolBlogger. I am copying the first several articles from over there, and moving them here in their entirety, complete with reader's comments. So if you see your comment HERE, and remember posting it over THERE, relax. You're sane.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Matthew 18, John 3:20: my response

CJ said...
James, given the folks whose articles you publish -- Steve Wilkins and Doug Wilson, for starters, and also Doug Phillips, (whose father courted the votes of the League of the South and other secessionists) -- what should I think? If you publish articles by racists and liars, or by liars with racist connections, you will be judged by the company you keep, even if the articles themselves have nothing to do with race. There are enough good Christian authors writing articles today that no one need publish material by people associated with secessionists and hate groups. Try looking at it this way. What if you visited a website, let's say one which discussed politics, and found that many of the articles there were written by homosexuals, Communists, and pagans? Unless the website owner included mission statement on his site declaring otherwise, wouldn't the articles there lead you to suspect "certain things" about the owner of that website? And if the people who wrote those articles not only linked back to the owner of that first website, but also promoted the website owner's books, etc, what then? What would you think about him?
Moreover, in my blog, I have not called you a racist. I originally said that Dykema advocated that voting rights be limited to rich, white men. That was an honest mistake, and I corrected it immediately, as soom as somebody pointed it out to me, and I thanked that person profusely. If you want an apology from me for that mistake, you've got it, big time, but the error was an honest one. I make mistakes, but I do try to be truthful and accurate in what I write. Dykema's elitist views are repugnant enough, without painting them to be any worse than they already are. And, if you are not a racist, I am truly sorry that I mistook you for one. However, given what I have seen on your website, I will continue to believe that you are exactly that, for as long as you continue to publish articles by racists.
As touching Matthew 18, I believe that according to the Bible, the first step is to take the matter to your brother (or sister) privately. The second step is to go to him with a couple of witnesses. The third step is to air your grievance publically, in front of the church. Now, you did send a copy of this letter to my mailbox, but at the same time, you posted about it quite publically on here on my blog. The "blogosphere" is hardly the church, but it appears that you have decided to skip steps 1 and 2. But if you want to do Matthew 18, beginning with step 3, so be it. I'm publishing this response on my blog and shining the light of day on the whole thing by posting it on other blogs as well.As John 3:20 recommends, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sincerely, Cynthia Gee
BTW, James... if you want to prove that you are not a racist, you might want to consider removing the articles written by the co-founder of the secessionist hate group, the League of the South -- namely, Steve Wilkins -- from your website, and also those written by his neoConfederate compadre, Doug Wilson. Just sayin'.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

"Try looking at it this way. What if you visited a website, let's say on politics, and found that many of the articles there were written by homosexuals, Communists, and pagans? Wouldn't that lead you to suspect certain things about the owner of that website? And if the people who wrote those articles linked back to the owner of the first website, and promoted the website owner's books, etc, what then? What would you think about him?"

Good question. And, this happens all the time, doesn't it?

I wish I had a nickle for everytime I was accused of being a feminist or an egalitarian simply because I agree with some of the points some egalitarians were making.

A while back I posted a picture on a woman's discussion group of myself in a "skort", a kind of shorts that look like a skirt, and there was gossip amongst the moderators about it (ie., "Can you believe she sent in THAT picture of herself? What was she thinking?). It then turned into a "aha" kind of smoking gun that "proved" that I was immodest and that is why I don't have a problem with women wearing pants.

I have countless other examples of exactly the sort of thing your question is getting to and most of my run-ins have been with the hyper-patriarchal crowd who leaves absolutely NO room for disagreement. If you disagree, you are instantly suspect of any number of things.

Instead of focusing on a happy, smiling mother with a beautiful child on her lap, the women were cheeping about my skorts.

Oh, well. To each his/her own. I didn't see where you accused anyone of being a racist but the connections do concern me. I do wonder why Mrs. Binoculars is so lauded and not put down by your critics? After all, Chancey is doing the same thing to others that you are getting accused of.

Matthew 18 is a useful tool if used correctly. Most of the time it isn't.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home